Microsoft Defender Plan 2 is a comprehensive security solution designed for businesses and organizations that need advanced protection against cyber threats
Microsoft Defender Plan 2 includes everything in Plan 1, plus features for Automation, Investigation, Remediation and Education that include Threat Trackers, Explorer advanced threat investigation, automated investigation and response, and Attack Simulator.
Office 365 Threat Intelligence can be used for analyzing the organizations Office 365 environment to proactively find and eliminate threats. Threat Intelligence appears as a set of tools and dashboards in the Security and Compliance Center to the organization understand and respond to threats.
Administrators can use the Threat dashboard to see threats that have already been handled, and as a handy tool for reporting out to business decision makers on what Threat Intelligence has already done to secure the business.
Businesses investigating or experiencing an attack against their Office 365 environment can use the Threat explorer to analyze threats. Threat explorer shows the volume of attacks over time, and enables the analysis of this data by threat families, attacker infrastructure, and more. You can also mark any suspicious email for the Incidents list.
You must add Microsoft Defender Plan 2 to the following Exchange and Office 365 subscription plans:
- Microsoft Exchange Online Plan 1
- Microsoft Exchange Online Plan 2
- Microsoft Office 365 Enterprise F1
- Microsoft Exchange Online Protection
- Microsoft 365 Business Basic
- Microsoft 365 Business Standard
- Microsoft Office 365 Enterprise E1
- Microsoft Office 365 Enterprise E3
- Microsoft Office 365 Enterprise E5
- Microsoft Office 365 Education packages (A1, A3, A5)
- Interactive threat analysis tools
- Real-time, customizable threat alert notifications
- Remediation capabilities for suspicious content
- Helps safeguard against threats
- Bolsters compliance capabilities
- Provides actionable insights on global attack threats