BMPCC 4K Highlights
- Camera Resolution: 4K
- Interchangeable Lens
- 4/3″-Sized HDR CMOS Sensor
- DCI 4K60, 2.8K80 Raw in 4:3 Anamorphic
- Dual Native 400/3200 ISO/up to 25,600
- Up to 2.6K 120 Raw for Super16 Lenses
- Built-In Microphone, 3.5mm Mic Input, XLR Mic Input
- Touch Screen LCD
Overview of the Black Magic Pocket 4K
This Pocket Cinema 4K Camera from BlackMagic Design is a professional cinema camera that can shoot 4K (4096 x 2160 DCI) footage at up to 75 fps in a variety of codecs with a 4/3″ sensor. Some of the BlackMagic design codecs available with this camera include Blackmagic Raw and ProRes 422. With the 6.6 update, the BMPCC 4K now offers up to 80 fps in a 2.8K raw mode for 4:3 anamorphic and up to 75 fps in a 4K raw mode in 2.4:1 widescreen. A 2x de-squeeze preview is available for 4:3 recording as well as a 1.33x de-squeeze option.
Slow-motion shooting is possible in 2.6K raw for Super16 lenses and in cropped Full HD at rates of up to 120 fps. Another plus with the 6.6 update is easier operation with support for the Pocket Battery Grip and a built-in horizon level function as well as support for additional languages, USB PTP control, customizable frame guides, an up to 8x pinch-to-zoom function, the ability to embed custom LUTs as metadata in Blackmagic Raw, and more.
With a Micro Four Thirds lens mount, this camera is able to accomodate the original, lightweight Pocket Cinema Camera lenses, and can be used with PL, C, EF, and other lenses with the use of separately available adapters. A dual-native ISO up to 25,600 is featured for low-light capture, and 13 stops of dynamic range provide rich HDR images.
It features SD/UHS-II card slots and an internal CFast 2.0 for media recording or you can also the use of the USB Type-C output to capture longer clips to an external drive. The camera’s LCD screen is 5″ and is a touchscreen. This reduces the need to get an external onboard monitor. For display on a larger display, you will need a full-sized HDMI port. 3D LUTs are compatible with this camera for monitoring.
Audio features include a mini-XLR input with phantom power for pro-style mics, a 3.5mm jack, and an internal stereo mic. Additional features include the same Blackmagic OS as the URSA Mini and Bluetooth remote control. A license key for DaVinci Resolve Studio is included for versatile post-production control. The Pocket Cinema Camera 4K’s carbon fiber composite build provides lightweight strength and durability, and power options include running off the included Canon LP-E6 type battery or the included power supply.
- 4/3″ Image Sensor / Dual Native ISO
- Anamorphic Capture
– Blackmagic Raw 4:3 2880 x 2160 (2.8K) anamorphic options with 2x and 1.33x de-squeeze preview functions
- Active Micro Four Thirds Lens Mount
– You can choose between electronically-controlled MFT lenses, or PL, C, and EF-mount lenses with separately available adapters
- Shooting Resolutions
– 4096 x 2160 (DCI 4K), 2.4:1 4096 x 1712 (4K), 3840 x 2160 (Ultra HD 4K), Super16 2688 x 1512 (2.6K), 1920 x 1080 (HD)
- 5″ Touchscreen Display
- Customizable Aspect Ratio Options
- Blackmagic Raw and ProRes Options
– Depending on your needs, you can choose between the ProRes 422 and Blackmagic Raw files options
- CFast 2.0, SD/UHS-II, and USB Type-C Capture
- DaVinci Resolve Studio
– An activation key for DaVinci Resolve Studio is included
- Flexible Power Options
– Can use a rechargeable Canon LP-E6 battery or the included power supply or a separately available Pocket Battery Grip with additional batteries
In the box
- Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K
- Canon LP-E6 Battery Type
- Lens Dust Cap
- 30W Power Supply with Locking Connector and International Adapters
- DaVinci Resolve Studio with Activation Key